UZIN NC 888 is a fast drying, patching and smoothing compound that can be troweled from a true featheredge up to 1″ (25 mm) in a single application. It has superior bonding properties to a wide range of different substrates, often without the use of a primer. UZIN NC 888 is ideal for covering /smoothing minor imperfections, holes, trowel marks, skim coating and ramping.
- The mixing ratio for part measures of UZIN NC 888 is two parts powder to one part water. This will usually produce the ideal consistency. When mixing a full 10 lb. (4.5 kg) bag of UZIN NC 888 add 2.2 – 2.5 quarts (2.1 – 2.4 liters) water per 10 lb. (4.5 kg) bag. Do not overwater. The addition of extra water will weaken compound and lower its strength.
- When mixing a full 10 lb. bag of UZIN NC 888
Pour cold, clean water in to a clean container. Slowly pour in the UZIN NC 888 powder and blend to a viscous, lump-free consistency using a heavyduty drill fitted with an UZIN Flat Cage Mixing attachment. Mix product vigorously for approximately one minute at an average drill speed of 650 – 850 rpm. Only mix as much material as can be used within the 10 –15 minute working time*.
When mixing part measures of UZIN NC 888
The mixing ratio for part measures of UZIN NC 888 is two parts powder to one part water. Use a margin trowel to hand stir the mixture until a lump-free paste consistency is reached. Only mix as much material as can be used within the 10 – 15 minute working time*.
- Apply the compound evenly onto the substrate to the desired thickness using a smoothing trowel. The recommended minimum depth on nonabsorbent surfaces to receive impervious flooring is 1/8″ (3 mm).
- Ready for floor covering after approx. 15 minutes* for normal floor covering installations. When laying wood flooring, cork or laminates, the drying time is approx. 12 hours*. Interior use only.
- It is important to note that many different types of adhesives are used to install floor coverings, and their absorbency into cementitious substrates can significantly vary. If it is found that the adhesive being used is drying more quickly over the UZIN NC 888 than over adjacent concrete, we recommend that the surface of the underlayment be primed with primer UZIN PE 360 +. Allow the primer to dry thoroughly, then proceed with the installation of the adhesive. The use of the primer will even out the open time of the adhesive without affecting the bond or the long-term performance.
*At 70 °F (21 °C) and 65% relative humidity.
Low floor temperatures and greater depths will considerably delay the drying and readiness for covering.