UZIN NC 886 is a quick drying, patching and smoothing compound that can be troweled from a true featheredge up to 1/2″ (12.5 mm) in a single application. It has excellent bonding properties to a variety of different substrates, often without the use of a primer*. UZIN NC 886 is ideal for skim coating and covering/smoothing minor imperfections.
* See; “Substrate Preparation” for additional information.
- The mixing ratio for part measures of UZIN NC 886 is two parts powder to one part water. This will usually produce the ideal
consistency. When mixing a full 10 lb. (4.5 kg) bag of UZIN NC 886 add 2.2 – 2.5 quarts (2.1 – 2.4 liters) water per 10 lb. (4.5 kg) bag. Do not overwater. The addition of extra water will weaken compound and lower its strength.
- When mixing a full 10 lb. bag of UZIN NC 886
Pour cold, clean water in to a clean container. Slowly pour in the UZIN NC 886 powder and blend to a viscous, lump-free consistency using a heavy-duty drill fitted with an UZIN Flat Cage Mixing attachment. Mix product vigorously for approximately one minute at an average drill speed of 650 – 850 rpm. Only mix as much material as can be used within the 10 – 15 minute working time*.
When mixing part measures of UZIN NC 886
The mixing ratio for part measures of UZIN NC 886 is two parts powder to one part water. Use a margin trowel to hand stir the mixture until a lump-free paste consistency is reached. Only mix as much material as can be used within the 10 – 15 minute working time*.
- Apply the compound evenly onto the substrate to the desired thickness using a smoothing trowel. The recommended minimum depth on non-absorbent surfaces to receive impervious flooring is 1/8″ (3 mm).
- Ready for floor covering after approx. 15 – 20 minutes* for normal floor covering installations. Interior use only.
* At 70°F (21°C) and 65% relative humidity.
Low floor temperatures and greater depths will considerably delay the drying and readiness for covering.